Sunday, September 7, 2008

DON'T LAUGH GUYS....I DID IT MYSELF!!



Well, at the urging of many of you, my fans, I have felt the pressure to update my blog!! Last Wednesday night I was at Young Women's and since the Sunday previous our ward was split, we decided to have a fun party!! Well, once again I was the entertainment for the evening!! (I gotta stop doing things like this!!) So, we were playing a game where you had to exchange seats it you have done something the person in the middle said. I got up to move to a seat close by me, but was beaten out by a sweet young thing!! So, I saw another seat close by and moved towards it, but again, was beaten to it!! So I turned around quick and saw a seat CLEAR across the room and headed for it!! Well, my ability to turn and run ain't what it used to be!! (Well, it never really was MUCH!!) As I turned, I could feel that I didn't have good footing to start off with, and soon felt I was going DOWN!! I remember my arms flailing around trying to get my balance, but to no avail!! Just as I got to the chair, DOWN I went!!!! I did a total face plant - with my nose hitting first, and was immediately in a pool of blood - that continued dripping and dripping some more!! I remember lying there and the room got real quiet, and finally some leaders were there helping to get the bleeding to stop. I laid there awhile, and I heard one of the leaders say, "We better call her DAD"!!!! I was alert enough to say, "No, please call Randy"!! So they called him and he came down and took me away to the Alta View Hospital ER. They took some X-Rays and said it was indeed broken - I can feel the bone almost out of my left nostril!! (TMI? Sorry!!) So they stitched the gash on my nose with 8 stitches and sent us on our way. So here are a couple lovely pictures for your viewing pleasure!! I do want you to know that I am a clean faller - nary a drop of blood got on my clothes!!!! Thanks to Randy & Jean for their help & support!!!!




13 comments:

Kristin said...

Oh jill! I have to say your story telling was hysterical. Almost peed a little. You should have been wearing your "Sometimes I pee a little when I laugh" shirt. That would have been awesome. I hope you have a speedy recovering. So are you going to have to reset your nose or are you permanently going to have the bone almost out your nostril. Just wondering....This can't help with the snoring. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my Gosh Jill, I need to send you flowers. It looks like it should hurt more than it does. Take it easy this week... and call ahead to that ENT doc. We need to get you back to normal ASAP. Much love, Linda

The Howards said...

oh my heck! Jill..what are we going to do with you?? That is bad! It seems all the clumsiness in the house has rubbed off on you. It was only a matter of time, I guess. I hope the swelling goes down soon. I'm sorry it happened but it sure does make for a great story!

Karlee Turner said...

Oh my Jill!! I dont' want to laugh at your expense, but that story is too funny! Sorry that you had to get hurt in the process, and the whole ER stitches thing is awful! hope you get better soon! We love you and can't wait for Sat! GO Cougs!

Curse of the Billy Goat said...

So sorry, but I was laughing a bit. I know I saw the pictures last week, but seeing them BIG is even better. You poor thing. The image in my mind is the world map at the airport...oh and I guess HAWAII. I'm glad you can laugh about it. I'm so so sorry, it looks miserable. You're such a fighter. I hope they're taking good care of you!
it's Rissa by the way

The Runyons said...

Jill it looks like you're looking into a round christmas ornament ;o)
Oh my, its definitely broken. You really should get it fixed because I'm sure its blocking your septum which is miserable in its self. Your falls are becoming more and more famous. You're right, you do look like a Fullmer. I don't think Jiggling is a good idea for a while. Love you!!
PS your background is very cute and you're becoming very talented in the Blog dept.

The Runyons said...

The title of your blog reminds me of a Thanksgiving at the Turners. Jared (about 4 yrs. old) ran to the bathroom and returned with a wet streak going up his shirt. We all looked at him and he said, "Don't laught guys, my peepee went up". Fun times!

Ashlee said...

Oh, my dear, sweet Jill. You really did a number. It doesn't even look like you it's so swollen! I'm sorry your nose took the brunt of the fall. At least you didn't fall AND pee, right? Love ya!!

The Incredible Bulks said...

I'm with Lisa and the looking into a Christmas ornament!! Or a spoon even. Your a brave woman to post pics like that!! Oh this is Shanna by the way.

Kristin said...

Just so you know Jill I did tag you again. Now I know your blogging skills are up so you have to. Do it!!!

JP said...

Oh dear Aunt Jill! I am so sorry about your nose! Nose injuries are such a bad kind of hurt! So good to hear from you, tell Grandma and Grandpa hi from me too!

Hafen Crew said...

Happy Birthday to YOU!!! happy Birthday to you!!!! happy Birthday FA JILL!!! Happy Birthday to YOU!!!!

JP said...

Hello Aunt Jill! I'm so glad you left a little message for me, I really miss you and grandma and grandpa! How are things?? Tell everyone hello for me, I love your family!